Saturday, September 1, 2012

Last Supper Mural at Newtown Mission

Newtown Mission provides a drop-in centre where people can meet and eat.

With the volunteers, the people who drop in, and pastor Brian Unterrheiner I am creating a mural of the Last Supper on the wall of the food hall, a former school hall in the style of an old-school school of arts. The mural is to be on the wall at the back of the stage.

The characters in the 'drama' are to be played by volunteers and regulars. I'm going to use the version by Leonardo da Vinci as a guide and freely adapt from it. I won't attempt to copy every gesture of the participants, but  use the gestures of the people who model the characters and their style of dress to create the scene, but adhere to the basic principles of his design.

In this blog I'll publish the drawings I make as I get to know the people, and design sketches , and some images of the work in construction

No comments:

Post a Comment